Thursday 27 March 2014

Beats Pill Review

The Beats pill gets a lot of bad write ups and I am not entirely sure why. 

Let me rewind, I picked up an 'almost new' Beats pill for £50 on eBay about 10 days ago. It arrived in all of its original packaging looking very exciting. 
Don't get me wrong there are a few big issues like when connected by AUX cable the volume buttons on the actual pill do not work, it also doesn't allow you to skip tracks from the pill so all control must be done from the device (in my case Iphone 5S). 

For half a day I genuinely thought the pill was broken as these buttons weren't working and I couldn't find anything on the internet to fix them. I even e-mailed Beats for help. 

A lovely lady named Olga e-mailed me back asking me to try using the bluetooth connection and this is when I discovered the buttons only work when connected via bluetooth. 

After all of this too-ing and fro-ing over almost sending it back I spent the evening playing all sorts of different types of music to get a feel for the speaker quality. I have to say I think it's great, the sound is clear even when on maximum volume and it is very easy to control now I know how to work it. 

The only thing is I would never pay £169 for one! I can't believe they retail at this for what is essentially a portable speaker. Over priced or what!

If you can pick one up second hand on eBay I would say go for it, they are nifty little things and I will definately get my use out of it in the summer but for £169 buy a £30 speaker and some new clothes. It is not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.