Friday 22 November 2013

YSL City Drive Palette

I have never owned any YSL makeup in my life. About a month ago Lauren (Laurenvlogs) gifted me a few goodies including this palette. I was so freaking excited to get my hands on some designer makeup at last however this has turned out to be a bit of a flop. 

Lets go into detail shall we?


Firstly the packaging is beautiful and fills me with warm fuzzy feeling, it has a lovely weight to it and a nice click when you shut it. 


These are the colours inside, they fill you with hope of being beautifully pigmented and rich.. 

Wrong. 

Without flash
Sadly as you can see they are weak and wishy washy. You can't even see the palest of shades on my arm here. I can't help but think for £42 you should at least be able to see them!

With flash
When the flash is on you can notice the palest colour but notice how flash washes out the 3rd colour. 
The only colour in the palette that looks nice both with and without flash is the grey/silver shadow. 

Final say - For £42 you are better going to MaxFactor and getting a whole makeup bag full! Total let down and completely disappointing but I will be keeping it for that silver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.