Tuesday 1 April 2014

Face contouring for the first time

Okay so I might be a bit behind the band wagon on this whole 'lets draw lines on our faces' band wagon, but after watching this tutorial on YouTube - Link -  I couldn't help but think even I could do it without screwing up. 

So off I trotted to Boots on my lunch break and luckily Maybelline still had 3 for 2 on so I picked up two of their Fit Me foundations in colours 120 Vanille and 315 Miel foolishly thinking 315 would be dark enough but I will get onto that. I also picked up one of their Dream Lumitouch concealers in 02 Nude, I also used Sleek's face contour kit and rose gold blush and Pixi Woo's Real Techniques face brush set (courtesy of Amazon Prime this post was able to go up today, woo free trial). 

So watch the video and I followed it step for step, pausing and copying like the best do. Sadly because I hadn't picked up the darkest Fit Me shade as I thought I had to use the Sleek powder to go back over certain patches but I don't think it turned out too bad in the end. 

This was my finished result. 



Being someone who only wears foundation on a very special occasion I can't tell if its the contouring or the fact I actually have on a full face of makeup that makes me look alive. 

I will let you be the judges!

Have you tried contouring? How did it turn out?


2 comments:

  1. Beauitful contouring and coverage ! But you need to make more risks but i adding a much darker shade to your cheekbones to really bring them out X

    You are stunning by the way, wonderful post like always x

    Izzy, Please check out my blog, thankyou beautiful X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I had managed to pick up the correct colour for the darker foundation it would have turned out much stronger, oops!
      Thank you for your kind words, your blog looks great! X

      Delete

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.