Friday 6 December 2013

Black Friday NYC Haul/How to do Black Friday in NYC

I'm sure some of you are itching to see what I got my paws on in New York last week (seeing as I have been going on about it for weeks) and it doesn't disappoint. Although I didn't manage to get any of the big items on my list (Kate Spade purse, Minkoff bag, Marc Jacobs watch) I managed to get lots of super useful/will wear them till they are threadbare items. 

So first up a bit of back story on what New York was like over Thanksgiving weekend and black Friday. We arrived on Thanksgiving Thursday to find a very busy airport, had to queue in JFK for about 40 minutes to get through boarder control, due to flights being cancelled the day before the airport was super busy. 
Anyway after what felt like a few hours we got to the hotel, dumped our bags and walked back out the door to Times Square. 

To my surprise most of the shops in Times Square were already open (4pm ish) on Thanksgiving including American Eagle, Aero, F21 and a few others. I of course had to go into American Eagle where I picked up these PJ bottoms and this jumper. 



Both of these came to $35 as everything in AE was 50% off.

After queuing to pay for about 20 minutes we were in desperate need of some food so left a manic Times Square pretty quickly. 

On Black Friday we woke up at about 5am (damn jet lag) and after showering decided to head out to find some breakfast but once again we were side tracked by the shops which were open at 6am!
We hit up GAP first
where I got 2 t-shirts and 2 of the softest scarves in the world. 




I also go this top in pink and grey but it's already in the wash.

Everything was 50% off so the tops were $11 and the scarves were $15 each. 

After GAP we did went to Levi where my boyfriend got 2 pairs of jeans for $70 again Levi was 50%, we also went into another American Eagle but the ladies floor was so busy I couldn't cope so only the boyf bought stuff there. 

After American Eagle round 2 we went to Victoria's Secret which was BUSY to say the least, I picked up 2 hoodies, a box of perfumes and some underwear. 





Only the perfumes in VS were on sale at $25 for 4 but I did get a free bag for spending over $75.. 


After VS we went into Macy's (probably about 9:30am at this point) we walked in the front door and out the side, I am not good at shopping when it is super busy and I didn't feel like fighting for a look at Kate Spade. 

After Macy's we headed to McDonald's for a well earned breakfast and some free Wifi. 

After brekkie we went to Footlocker where boyf picked up some Jordan shorts and some Lebron socks, I think there were $10 off certain items but no store wide offers. 

I went to Sephora where I picked up one of their eyeliner boxes for $30 + tax, great gift idea if you can get them. 


I tried to pick up the mascara one for my friend but they were sold out even though Sephora had no Black Friday discounts. 

We also went to Aeropostale as last time in New York I picked up some sweat pants that I still wear, I got 2 pairs at $12 each but the grey pair I got are in the wash. 


We also went to the NBA store on 5th Avenue which has changed locations since I last went and the new store is tiny in comparison. I picked up a NY Knicks top for $30 which I wore to the game and boyf picked up a vintage jersey and a t-shirt for his friend, there were no discounts in the NBA store yet it was still heaving. 

And that was pretty much all the shops we went to on Black Friday, by 11am I was ready for a nap so we took the bags back to the hotel and went for a stroll around Central Park. 

Over the weekend we went to the Disney store where I got this amazing mug and a new Vinylmation. 




These were both $12 each + tax. 

We also went to my beloved M&M store on Saturday at about 7pm and it was so busy we literally got the blankets that we went for and then left. 

Sadly last time we got to browse but it was too busy this time around. The blankets were 2 for $50 + tax which is a pretty good deal. 

We also went to Century 21 on the Sunday morning whilst visiting Statue of Liberty and The Freedom Tower (new world trade centre). This has been refurbished since my last visit and was a dream to shop in. 
I picked up these Levi shoes which are either pleather or leather not sure with little studs on the side. 


And these Taylor Swift Keds. 


Along with the Wallet and cuff links I bought my dad it all came to $90.

I picked up a few little makeup bits from Duane Reed, including a Covergirl mascara and eyeliner, a Milani eyeliner and nail polish and an Essie nail polish. Due to Sephora being so busy I wasn't able to get the Dior nail polish I wanted or any of the Marc Jacobs collection but I'm not too disappointed. 

We also went to Nike where boyf spent $200 ish and Tiffany&co which was a big let down again due to the amount of people.

The big purchase of the holiday were my shiny new Ugg boots. 


By far my favourite purchase. They cost $200 and are worth every single penny. I have never seen these in the UK but I am sure with the bow they would sell out very quickly. They came in black, grey, blue, raspberry and purple.
We also picked up some plain black Uggs for the boyf's mum as they are $155 out there making them about £60 to buy in the states. 

There were no Black Friday discounts in Ugg. 

For anyone who is planning to go to New York for Black Friday in the future my biggest tip would be to use the subway, we walked for miles and were dying by 11am. Also don't go in with too many things you definitely want, chances are it will either be too busy to find them or it will be sold out so go with the flow. 

If you want to go to NY for a shopping trip and that is all I would recommend going Halloween time, it's pretty empty but you still get to see Halloween decorations. 

If you want to go to see the sights go at Christmas, it is truly magical. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.