Wednesday 11 December 2013

Disco Pants Return

If you have been following my little blog since I started you will remember my post on Disco Pants -link- and how I was on a quest to find some without paying the £74 for American Apparel. 

So the thing is over the weekend ASOS had 20% off and they sell the AA disco pants, sadly they had run out of the black in my size so I purchased the blue.. 


As soon as I opened the packet I have accepted why people pay £74, they are amazing quality. Super thick and peel on style. Once I had them on (sorry for the poor quality photo, it was late and I didn't notice how dirty my mirror was) I was in love. 
I could genuinely see them replacing jeans in my world, they are very comfy and really versitile. 
My ONLY issue is the price.. they were still £59 at the discounted price, and as someone who doesn't like spending £40+ on my jeans this feels like an awful lot of money.


Being 5"3 I was expecting them to be too long and they could do with being 2 inches shorter but nothing my Grandma and her sewing machine cant fix. 

I also purchased the Daisy Street version after reading a couple of reviews online claiming 'they are amazing' but if you want something to smooth you out and look faboosh don't even go there. 
Yes they are 1/3 of the price but they are legging thickness. 


These are the type of disco pants you should get if you want them for one night only, they feel really flimsy in comparison to the AA version. 

The one thing I will say is compared to the Topshop and ASOS own brand ones they are pretty good. They don't gape around the crotch and aren't miles too long which was a surprise. 
I think if you are over 5"6 these will be too short on you. 


However there is light at the end of the tunnel if you are after the AA disco pants for a cheaper price, I have just ordered the black from a fellow on Ebay 'new with tags'. The Ebay seller had multiple sizes and all different colours of genuine AA disco pants for £45+ P&P (£3.60) making them £48.90 total price. 

Not bad if you ask me. Seeing as I currently have the blue ones at home I will compare and if they are 100% genuine I will probably send the blue back to ASOS and keep the black.. 
Or maybe I will keep them both..


Have you got disco pants? If yes what brand and what are your thoughts on them?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.