Wednesday 30 October 2013

How to be a great bridesmaid..

Saturday is the day of excitement and love for my family. 
The first of the 'kids' is getting married. 

This is so damn exciting for us all mainly because my lovely cousin is marrying the man of her dreams but also because we all get to be together dressed up and looking dapper. 

As I mentioned she is the first of the kids getting married, she is 25 so not so much a kid anymore but we still get shunned to the kids table on Christmas. 

Being the youngest at 22 years of age I have never been to  a wedding.. 
Ever.. 

I think this is mainly because everyone was either married or too young by the time I made my entrance into the world. 

There was nothing I wanted more than to be a bridesmaid when I was young so when my cousin called me on a cold December morning and asked me to be her bridesmaid I screamed with glee. 

Literally.

So far since being selected for the duty I have come up with a list of things to be the best bridesmaid possible. 

1) Don't let your ego get in the way.
If the bride wants you in a mud brown sack that is what you will wear and you will wear it with a smile.

2) Make sure the bride doesn't forget the little things. 
Manicure, Pedicure, hair dressers, makeup artists,

3) Be on hand with a magical bag full of goodies.
Things like plasters, tissues, tampons, hair pins. Anything that anyone could possibly need throughout the day. Having some sneaky sweets is also a good idea to keep the energy up.

4) Be the first to crack open the bubbly at 10am.
The Bride wants it but doesn't want to be the one to open it.

5) Make sure your Bride has the best day ever.
And party all night.

I can't wait for my cousins wedding on Saturday, I will upload some pics next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.