Wednesday 11 September 2013

Musical Obsessed

I thought I would share with you one of my favourite things. 
I have loved going to the theatre since I was a teeny tiny human being and thankfully it has continued my whole life. I'm not sure how many shows I have seen but I am going to share with you my top 5 musicals.


Number 1 - Wicked
I have seen this 3 times now all in London. I love this show so damn much and I will sing my heart out to the soundtrack. If you haven't seen Wicked I seriously think you should get your skates on and go. It is amazing, I also was lucky enough to see it with Matt Willis (from Busted), this was a big moment for my inner 13 year old. 


Number 2 - The Lion King
I saw this for my 21st birthday as tickets are not cheap. It was mind blowing, I don't know how else to explain it. The music is stunning and the costumes are just jaw dropping-ly clever. Highly recommend!


Number 3 - Beauty and The Beast
Now this one may seem a little odd as it hasn't been on in London for over 10 years, I think I was 11 when I saw it and to this day my whole family can't work out how The Beast changed into Prince Adam. It's annoying but shows just how talented stage designers really are. Love Love Love (Slightly bias because it's also my fave film).


Number 4 - Singin' in The Rain
I only saw this in the West-end recently but it was the second time I have seen it on stage. As always it makes me fall in love with the 1920's, oh how I wish we all went dancing every Saturday. 


Finally number 5 - My Fair Lady
Again I saw this many years ago when Martine McCutcheon was starring as Eliza Doolittle, she was breathtaking and again I love the era. 

I have been lucky enough to also see Mamma Mia, Thoroughly Modern Milly, Billy Elliot, One Man Two Guvnors (with James Corden) and more Shakespeare than you can wave a stick at. 

For the future I am hoping to see Jersey Boys, Matilda and Top Hat. I am going to see Les Mis on December 31st, super excited to see the talented Carrie Fletcher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.