Tuesday 9 July 2013

My last money spend of the month!

I am in a constant fight with myself to save money. My left half wants to spend and my right half wants to save. It's hard resisting the urge to click on those e-mails containing discount codes and offers that come through every morning but as of today I am spending nothing. Apart from food and petrol but I need those. Oh and something from the Michael Buble tour tomorrow, possibly.. 

But yes I am saving. I am planning to go on 4 trips next year so I need to seriously rub my pennies together and hope that they multiply or just stop spending. With this in mind I bought one last thing before the big save of Summer 2013 and it was... 

Urban Decay's Naked Palette! AT LAST!! There was finally an offer I couldn't refuse, £30 at Debenhams for one week only! That's a huge saving of £6! You never get that on makeup so I had to get it. 

Ask any of my friends, I have been umming and arring over this palette for nearing a year now but it never seemed to be a big enough discount, at £30 it is the most I was ever willing to spend on it but I am so happy and I can't wait for it to be delivered later this week. Super exciting! I will of course post my thoughts about it on here as soon as I can. 

If you are curious about my saving plans keep reading.. if not I will see you next blog post!

So I suck at saving money in the long term. I am okay if it's something only 2-3 months away but I am now at the point in my life where I need to start putting away as much money as possible so that I can buy a house in the next few years. 

This is terrifying, it's only recently I have really learnt about mortgages, how much running a house costs etc. so I am on a mission to save about £6000 per year towards my house. 

This is going to be really f*king hard! That's £500 a month which takes a HUGE lump out of my payslip and after the rent I currently pay my parents, my phone bill and my car insurance I will be left with peanuts. Not to mention also saving for my trips away next year but still if it was easy everyone would be doing it!

Instead of online shopping I will be doing more blogging to keep my hands busy and I won't be doing any real shopping in real shops unless 100% necessary. My boyfriend is a real stinge when it comes to money so he will be helping me in the quest to not spend any cash which is a huuuuuuuuuuge help. 

I am asking all of you to tell me off *if* I crack and spend anything, seriously fill the comments with capslock shouting at me to return it and be strong because lets face it what is the point in having lots of stuff if you don't have a roof over your head?

I have budgeted myself to £200 a month which is £50 a week to cover food and petrol and the rest of my wage slip will be going into various savings accounts as of July 26th. 

I am at the point where I am wishing myself good luck because this is going to SUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.