Thursday 4 July 2013

Shoes that rub

It has to be one of the worst things in the world. 

You buy these super cute shoes that look no different to every other pair of pumps you own and the first day you wear them turns in to hell because your feet are turning in to huge blisters. You get home take them off and then they become the shoes that you look at and think 'pretty but no'.

Right now I have on a pair of ballet pumps from Debenhams that I also own in black. I have worn them multiple times before but today my feet are dying. I would take a pic but feet are nasty, but it got me thinking 'How many other shoes do I have that are too painful to wear?' 

I have run through my beautiful shoe collection in my head and come up with at least 5 pairs of too painful shoes and 2 pairs of annoying noise making shoes. WTF. 
No-one has the space to have 7 pairs of shoes that are hardly ever worn, so why don't I get rid of them? What in my head is saying keeeep them, keeep them?

I have come to the conclusion I just can't bare to throw away shoes that I haven't got my moneys worth from. I would rather keep them for years and years wearing them once or twice than let them go. I can't tell you how many hours I have spent in hiking socks trying to soften up shoes. Now I have written this I have come to the conclusion I will do extreme trying on when next purchasing shoes, instead of slipping them on to size test I will do a full circuit of the shop like I did when I was a child in Clarkes looking for school shoes, and I'll tell you what my school shoes never rubbed. Ever. 

Do you have shoes that kill your feet but you love anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.