Monday 8 July 2013

Sunshine, shops and Andy Murray

What a spiffing weekend it was in England. 

I mean literally I don't think it could have got any better, it was nearing 30 degrees all weekend and just plain lush for all of Britain. 
My weekend started with sun bathing and chilling in the garden drinking gin and lemonades with my lovely boyfriend, followed by a meal out with his family on Saturday night at the local pub where we sat in the garden and ate too much food (seriously, but I had the best peanut butter chocolate cheesecake ever) finished off by watching the movie Warm Bodies. SUCH A GOOD FILM, go watch it. I loved it. 

Sunday was a lazy start with breakfast in the garden, shopping around Kingston in the early afternoon where I spent more of my hard earned cash. Then onto watching the Wimbledon final on the TV where we all tuned in to see the amazing Andy Murray finally win the grand-slam he (and the whole country) has been dreaming of. Finished it off with some penny-boarding and jumping on haystacks. 

Does it get any better?!

And there is the impending arrival of our future King or Queen as the amazing Prince William & Duchess Katherine are due to pop at any moment. 
I'm not sure we all could cope with Andy winning Wimbledon and a new royal within 7 days of one another! Safe to say that Olympic feeling we all were buzzing from last summer has come back with force over the past 24 hours and all I can say is... 
I love being British and I damn well love my country right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.