Wednesday 7 August 2013

20 random things in my room

Based on the YouTube tag '60 things in my room' I am adapting it to 20 random things in my room, mainly because I don't think I own 60 things and even if I do I don't think you all would want to look through the boringness of them. So here we go, 20 random things. 
Number 1 - Sewing Machine


This was bought for me when I was about 14 and got really into sewing, I knew I was going to do it for GCSEs and my Dad decided it would be a good thing for me to have at home. During my GCSEs it was a life saver and I really enjoyed sewing however during my Alevels I got really lazy and flunked Textiles completely. I have always said I will get back into sewing and I will when I have the space to get this out and leave it out. 


Number 2 - Top 10 Dominican Republic


Now this isn't so random if you know I am off on holiday to the Dominican with my Boyfriend in September but still it earned a place on my random list. 

Number 3 - Sleeping bag


This sleeping bag was bought when I did Duke of Edinburgh as a school kid. It is a Cath Kidston design but I picked it up in Millets. Now it only gets used when I go and stay on out boat (very, very rarely).

Number 4 - Signed Michael Buble Tour Poster


As you know I was lucky enough to go and see Michael Buble at the O2 last month and the programmes where a whopping £20!! I couldn't bare to part with that amount of money that would just sit on my shelf so when I saw this on the Michael Buble website I decided it was worth the money (£45). I will get it framed soon and then everyone will be able to see the awesomeness that is the Buble. 

Number 5 - Giant money saving coke bottle


I got this for £10 in my local garden centre and thought it would be great for saving all my change in. The problem I have since learnt is that I don't have a lot of change.. I think there is about £70 in there and I will keep going until Christmas when I will turn it into notes and put it towards my house savings. It's a great idea if you have a lot of change kicking around. 

Number 6 - Sims 3 University

I am a total junkie for Sims. I have had them all and I could write a whole post about my love for this computer game. This is the most recent of the Sims3 I have purchased as I don't really have much time to play them anymore  but I have no doubt I will buy more before we hit Christmas. 

Number 7 - Virgin coconut oil


Another product I am trying in the quest to get my hair as long and silky as a Jenner sister. This came as a recommendation through a friend and I have been using it on and off and I must say it really make a difference. You can use for a deep condition leaving it on over night, wearing a shower cap to keep your sheets anti coconut or you can just put a small amount into your ends and leave it in until the next wash which is the option I go for. The most peculiar thing about this is you can use it for hair, skin and cooking... yes cooking and I must say it doesn't taste bad at all!

Number 8 - A toy Mini


Back when I was 17 and learning to drive I was obsessed with Mini's, I still think they are the prettiest cars today and if I could afford one I would have one again but this little toy was given to me from my Mum just so she could say 'I gave my daughter a vingage Mini for her birthday'. I did end up getting a Mini One which was my favourite care ever but it was 10 years old and dying when I traded it in for my current car which is a new style Ford KA. 

Number 9 - A Wand


This isn't a standard wand from Harry Potter Tours/Harry Potter World, no. This is a wand that can control your TV/Stereo/DVD Player etc, it is awesome. You tune it do know that certain movements mean certain things like +volume or change the channel. It's very cool buuuut I don't really use it anymore... I need to do something with it really!

Number 10 - Lucozade in Caribbean Crush 


My boyfriend likes to leave bottles in my room and sometimes he leaves the good stuff. This is my favourite lucozade and whenever he buys it I end up stealing way too much of it away from him... Sorry :)

Number 11 - A vintage McFly ticket


Along with many other items on my pin board is my ticket from a McFly concert back in 2008! I can't believe that yesterday was their 10 year anniversary as a band because that means I must have seen them supporting Busted 8 or 9 years ago! How time flies.. 

Number 12 - Beloved old Macbook


This I cannot get rid of. This is my old MacBook Unibody, it is the best laptop I have ever owned. It still works (just) and it has a lot of wear and tear from so much use. I did buy a new laptop last year to replace this laptop buuuuut I miss having a mac so bad. I won't get rid of this until I have a new macbook in my life (Santa?).

Number 13 - Miami Heat NBA hat

I got this back in 2010 when I went to New York with the boyf. He loooooves NBA more than breathing and I just got swept up in the NBA store. Lebron James had just joined Heat when I got this hat and as he was pretty much the only Bball player I could name back then I opted for a Heat hat. 

Number 14 - Wenlock the London 2012 mascot


Unfortunately I didn't get any tickets to London 2012 despite living 30 mins from the capital but I did get in the olympic spirit. I picked up this little guy from John Lewis on the day I went to see the rings hanging from Tower Bridge, he's so cute!

Number 15  - Penny Board!


'nuff said. This is the key to being awesome. 

Number 16 - 30 Day squat challenge


One of my vein hopes to tone up my legs and butt I found this online, I always get to day 4 'rest day' and forget about it and have to start all over again a few weeks later. Fail right? Got to be better than nothing though!

Number 17 - Christmas Decs


This one does seem a little random considering it is August but these 2 little decorations are from 2 of my favourite trips away. The peanut M&M is from NYC in 2010 and the '2012' Disney one is from Disneyland Paris. I am collecting Christmas decorations from everywhere I go (when possible) so when I am old I can look at my tree and think 'yeah I've had a good life'. 

Number 18 - Mini glitter lamp


I was given this by my Godmother years ago, you shake it and it changes colour and sparkles, it's great in a dark room. 

Number 19 - Real lava lamp


This was also a gift from my boyfriends parents at Christmas. I always wanted a real lava lamp but never got one as they were too expensive but the lovely people they are got me one! I love it. It glows pink and purple <3 

Number 20 - Belle Art


Now if you hadn't guessed I love Disney you should get off my blog now. 
This is by far my favourite thing in my room (bar my bed). Boyf gave it to me for Christmas this year and I just fell in love with it. Belle is my fave princess and I will have this picture forever I can just tell. 

Tah-dah! That is 20 random things in my room and now I challenge you all, tell me the most random thing you have in your room below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.