Monday 12 August 2013

Bourjois Paris Colour Boost Lip Crayon - Review


After a glowing recommendation from one of my lovely friends I had to give these lip crayons a go, I was told they are better than Revlon's Just bitten which I 100% agree with. 
I purchased 2 from the line - 'On the beach' and 'Fuschsia Libre'. 



So lets start with the packaging, pretty standard. Nothing that would make me thing OMG I want it, it has a slight American/Cover girl feel to it. My only issue is that to get more product out you twist the silver bit at the end, this is super loose so it twists really easily! I have a feeling if you left it in your bag it would twist on its own and you would end up with smooshed crayon. 


Please ignore the horrific lighting! This is however what Fuschia Libre looks like on the lips in natural daylight, I was amazed at just how pigmented the crayon is. This also shows just how supreme they are compared to the Revlon Just Bitten line. 
Love the colour, I think it really brings out the natural rosy-ness in my cheeks. 

Next up is 'On the beach'.

Same attitude towards the packaging, I feel like they could have made the plastic a more similar colour to the product. 


This is a coral/peach colour, really summery and wearable. I don't find it as flattering as the pink but that is down to my personal skin tone. 

These crayons are very creamy, lovely to wear and even after the initial shine wears off the colour does stay. In my books you can't go wrong with these but I am a little disappointed Bourjois has only released 4 colours. Hopefully they will release some for A/W13 soon but I will try to find Red Sunshine in my local stores.

There is currently a 3 for 2 offer on Bourjois at Boots right now and you also get a free pair of sunglasses which look like this. 


Not bad for a freebie, they are bog standard large sunnies but I am not complaining as they were free!

Final Say - If you can get your paws on these crayons do! They are a really lovely addition to any makeup bag and only £7.99 each with a lot of product in each tube. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.