Thursday 15 August 2013

My favourite books to get lost in..

I am a true book worm but I have a very particular taste. If I don't like a book in the first 20 pages I am not going to read the rest, I guess this makes me quite a fickle reader I suppose. 
Anyway I thought I would share with you some of my favourite reads from my life so far. 

The Secret Seven

I used to read these books at my grandparents house and I would sit and read for whole weekends. I can't tell if children today would enjoy them as they don't connect to the internet or make gun noises but these books were amazing for me aged 7-13.


Harry Potter Series

The first book came out when I was 10, I waited for my letter to Hogwarts when I turned 11. 
I re-read these frequently and every time I feel like I am seeing old friends.

I Heart Series

Chick-lit at it's finest. I adore this series, every time a new one comes out I have it on pre-order. If you haven't read them you need to, if you have you will know how much I want to be friends with Angela. 

Paige Toon Books

These books aren't technically a series but if you read them in the correct order characters from previous stories appear and you get little updates of their lives. She has written 6 books and a short story available on Kindle I can't rave about them enough, I have read many of these books in under 24 hours. 

Hunger Games Series

I was very late to the party with The Hunger Games, I didn't start reading it until the movie was about to come out on DVD however I don't feel like I missed the boat. I enjoyed these books spectacularly and if there were more I would read on. 

Have you read any of these books? What books would you recommend to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.