Wednesday 7 August 2013

Buying a Macbook..

Image credit - Apple.co.uk

As some of you may know from my previous post I have had a macbook for the past 6 years (ish) and last year it really started to have a meltdown, it was tragic. 
Anyway I bought a refurbished PC and it does the job. By job i mean it stores my pics, lets me download music and play sims3, but I miss my mac. I can't help but feel if I had bought a Macbook last year instead of a filler PC I would be in a better place now and so I have come to the conclusion I need to buy a new Macbook. 

The question is how?! I am poor as a beggar and saving any spare cash I have for a house so lets weigh up the options - 

Buy one from Apple on my credit card
Buy on from Amazon (£120 cheaper) on my credit card
Buy one from Amazon market place which is described as 'like new' for £650. 
Hmmm none of them are really that appealing but I guess I will have to pick one.. 

OH WAIT
No I dont!

Apple offer a financing option on their website, you can borrow £500, £1000 or £2000 and pay them back in monthly payments. So if you want to borrow £500 over 2 years you will pay £24 per month and pay back a total of £575 not a bad interest rate considering a credit card will charge you more. It follows this pattern for £1000 too you will pay back £1151 (14.9% fixed rate interest). 
I am amazed that Apple are offering this and I can't help but think this is a new addition as I spend a lot of time on that website and I have never seen it before. 

I will let you know what I decide.. when I have decided. I can't help but think this offer might only be on until the beginning of September as an enticing offer to students. 

What do you guys think? Does this make apple more accessible to regular people? Or do you think it's just another way for them to get us in debt? Let me know below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.